Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year, New social media outlet

It's been awhile since I've blogged but I find myself looking for a healthier outlet to share my life with my family and friends. Not having any kind of social media isn't really an option for me. Most of my moms side of the family lives on the west coast (some on the east) and is quite spread around. It's hard to keep up in this world and especially now that we are so busy with our little family. So I'm going to try blogging out for a spin minus Facebook. This gives me a more private (is that possible?) outlet that I can share with my friends and family. Something where people have to make an effort to come read instead of me just popping up on their news feed. And something that I don't have to feel like an obsessed freak for posting 5 pictures of Ava to in a day and possibly clogging up people's news feeds. Ill be switching over to private so that I can monitor who is reading about our baby bean in a few days.

Although I don't feel like I have to justify my decision I hope to gain a few things by making these changes.
Building the relationships I really have instead of fostering Internet relationships. I have a lot of amazing people in my life but I'm not focusing on those specific relationships as much as I could be.
Facebook is such a time suck and I'm constantly on it. Why do I have to scroll through my news feed several times to see what everyone is doing? If I want to know why can't I call them? Email? Text?
I'm wasting precious time scroll scroll scrolling even when I have my baby girl sitting in my lap. Life is literally passing me by and I'm busy staring at the blue screen of death.
I find myself not having time to read, crochet, run. Things I really really enjoy. But why? People lead very similar lives to my own so why do they have time to be healthy and have constructive hobbies they love? I've noticed it's people that don't spend time posting multiple statuses and liking everything that have time. My hopes are my house will become a little more organized.... Or not, may ill be too busy smelling the roses.
So what can you expect from my blog? Life updates? Daily rants? Recipes? Ava updates? Quincy and amber updates? Maybe. I don't really know. I'm still learning but I'm glad you're reading, because that means that I'm not just someone on your news feed but rather someone you really want to her about. I encourage you to email me, text me, call me, stop by (unless I don't know you, which is why my blog is going private soon lol) because I want to know you too, better. I want real relationships that I have to work to build. Those are the ones that mean the most.
Ill also be on Instagram so feel free to follow my multiple uploads of Ava, food, scenery and what nots a day. My tag is mrsneverlift.
If you'd like my phone number or want up hang out or just want to email me my email is qandasimon@gmail.com

I hope that you'll subscribe to my blog updates. It makes it easy to keep up and gets sent straight to your inbox. Ill make sure I have that up later when I'm not mobile.

I'm going to go enjoy my second cup omf coffee and some more Ava snuggles...
Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. I am not an official follower!!! i love what you are doing! I support your choice and think this will be great for Ava to go back and see some day as well. love you all!! muuuaaahhhh
    Aunt lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for you support as always Aunt Lori :) And thanks for following of course!

    ReplyDelete